WorkForce Software released its second annual Workforce Experience Gap study. Compared to the previous year, employers were more aware of their employees’ needs but struggled to take meaningful actions to address them. For example, 45% of employees reported that they would prefer to use a single mobile app to communicate and collaborate with team members and management, but only 14% of employees reported using a company-approved mobile app.
The same holds true for schedule flexibility. For deskless workers, schedule control holds the same power and allure as remote and hybrid work do for the corporate employee. Our study showed that 39% of employees reported not receiving flexible schedule options, and 37% said they did not receive help from their managers when personal circumstances created scheduling conflicts.
Awareness without action means very little, which is precisely why we challenged ourselves as well as our partner and customer speakers to share information focused on what truly matters to organizations and to the work they are doing for their employees.
Our Chief Marketing and Customer Experience Officer, Sandra Moran, reinforced the need for organizational action in her mainstage presentation. Acknowledging the challenges of the labor shortage, she explained that companies need to create a place where people want to work. Employees need a personal value proposition from their employer to feel valued and engaged.
Sandra explained that matching what people want to do with how information is provided is crucial. Digital training and the use of mobile technology to manage and engage an increasingly digital-native workforce can prove more effective when adapting procedures and communicating information to employees. Likewise, allowing time for learning and adaptation is a necessity, and plans should be adjusted to accommodate this. When thinking enterprise-wide, scope increases with each iteration, so splitting up a desired end state into smaller, clearly achievable goals is important.
At WorkForce Software, we have observed a significant surge in the number of organizations adopting digital technology to reinvent their approach to work in a meaningful way. Our customers, who represent some of the most prominent employers worldwide, are using our solutions to harness the power of data, analytics, and automation to revolutionize their workplace experiences.
Here are just a few highlights from the customer stories shared at VISION 2023:
- We learned about WestRock’s implementation journey as they pushed for process standardization, site engagement across 300+ locations in a highly unionized environment, and essential insights on testing, data-driven decision-making, and program leadership. “Consolidating into the WorkForce Software solution was critical for our organization.” — Jonathan Neff, Sr. Program Manager, Human Resources at WestRock
- Digital Transformation journey, highlighting the value of the WorkForce Software Time and Attendance solution for 45,000 frontline employees, representing 1.5 million time and attendance transactions in a month (which is expected to double next year). “We are revolutionizing HR practices by adopting an employee-centric approach and leveraging emerging AI technologies.” — Pascal Billaud, Chief People Officer at Central Group
- We discovered how WorkForce Software streamlined and optimized Air Canada’s crew payroll processes, reducing errors and minimizing manual work, all while boosting crew engagement. “When we were going through testing, we realized WorkForce Software is doing this right and the legacy system isn’t. We knew we were moving in the right direction.” — Brankica Segota, Senior Manager Crew Admin of Air Canada
Our dedication to the future of work is evident through the expanding customer adoption of our solutions, something that would not be possible without the continued support of our partner ecosystem. WorkForce Software is the solution of choice for global employers with complex workforce requirements, supported by over a thousand certified implementation partner resources that strengthen our customer organizations in their digital transformation journeys. partner for the leading global HCM solution providers and trusted systems integrators, including SAP, Oracle, Workday, EPI-USE, Accenture, IBM, GroupeX, and more.
Our partner presentations were packed with remarkable moments. Here are a few examples:
- Oracle VP of Strategic Solutions Matt Gale stressed the significance of prioritizing employee well-being, urging leaders to focus on employees’ needs rather than preconceived ideas of what the workplace should be. “I asked my team what well-being means to them. I couldn’t do everything, but I listened to what matters to them and took action on it.”
- Farhan Khan, Co-CEO of GroupeX, stressed the importance of digitization protocols and using real-time workforce data as a tool for enhancing an organization’s empowerment, efficiency, and optimization. He also discussed how automation can help address systemic issues and shared best practices for improving engagement by strengthening visibility measures that allow employees to work flexibly.
- participated in an interactive session and open dialogue hosted by IBM to discuss ways to gain support for workforce transformation, identifying key value drivers that can be effectively communicated to leadership. “Put together, these benefits can produce 1% to 2% savings of payroll costs per year. Think about how quickly you can pay back that investment for initial implementation.” — Yanis Seheb, Business Development Manager at IBM
By focusing on essential themes such as the balance of employee wants and business needs, productivity, engagement, and compliance, together we can navigate uncertainty, continue moving forward, and build a brighter future for our workforces. We are all taking a crucial step toward fostering resilient organizations that can adapt to constant change and transform both processes and employee experiences.
Resiliency cannot be achieved without engaged employees, and it is our collective responsibility to create an adaptable workforce that drives business transformation. We are going to shape the future of work together.
Nucleus Research recently honored WorkForce Software in their 2023 Workforce Management Technology Value Matrix. For the ninth year in a row, WorkForce Software has been recognized as the leader in efficiency, functionality, and usability of its solutions.